www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Ignore Guernsey?, FLYBE

4 posters

Go down

Why Ignore Guernsey?, FLYBE Empty Why Ignore Guernsey?, FLYBE

Post by wayside Fri 05 Jun 2009, 5:25 pm

Got an email this morning Flybe are doing a pay taxes and charges only deal, and discounts on other routes great I thought and took a look, just about everywhere they fly EXCEPT GUERNSEY, why? is my question. does everywhere except us give them something to be able to do this or are they just not interested in Guernsey.

If the latter I will take links to them them off our website and not book guests flights with them in the future,
(I know it probably wont cause them any concern but will make me feel better) if its our tourist departments or airports lack of promotion skills then they need sorting out.

below is the list of places you can get cheap flights to with Flybe

Taxes and Charges only

Aberdeen to: Birmingham
Belfast City to: Cardiff Newcastle
Exeter to: Amsterdam Paris CDG
Isle of Man to: Liverpool
Leeds Bradford to: London Gatwick
Southampton to: Amsterdam

Special Deals
UK destinations...

From: From: Southampton £28.99 Cardiff £22.49 Aberdeen £25.99 Jersey £30.99 London Gatwick £18.74 Birmingham £16.49 Exeter £28.99 Norwich £30.99 Manchester £23.99 Newcastle £22.99 Belfast City £16.49 Edinburgh £22.49 Glasgow £22.49 Isle of Man £28.99 Newquay £29.99 Leeds Bradford £18.74 Doncaster £25.99 Inverness £32.99 Liverpool £28.99 Luton £34.99

Seems like we are not even worth mentioning on there homepage, http://www.flybe.com
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Why Ignore Guernsey?, FLYBE Empty Re: Why Ignore Guernsey?, FLYBE

Post by EDDIE Fri 05 Jun 2009, 5:58 pm

These above destinations, have their airport fireman gone on strike ? :-)
EDDIE
EDDIE

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Fri 05 Jun 2009, 8:17 pm

Perhaps someone may be able to solicit a response on this from Flybe and share with the rest of us?

Flybe often appear to be quick to pass comment when it is in their favour, does it work both ways?

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Sun 07 Jun 2009, 2:21 pm

Wayside, we call them Flybas****ds over here. Lowcost is a completely joke with this ripoff outfit. Try their helpline. For a fact it will cost you a £1.00 a minute and yep its a slow service.

As you do occasionally, I missed a connecting flight because of Fog, and the connecting flight is still with them in the UK. Try getting back when the weather is good. Sorry you missed your connecting flight, but you flew me the next day to somewhere else and I paid extra to get where I was going I said, the least you can do is fly be back as I bought a return. Check your screen I said you will see you flew me to a different airport the next day on this date, it will be all logged.Sorry against company policy they said

After half an hour (£30.00) of heated debate they reinstated my flight, otherwise I could pay them extra to have it re installed.

Friends quoted £205 each to visit Southampton for a Saturday daytrip to have an interview with their daughters prefered univercity. This was not a late booking. They had to pay as the slightly cheaper deals meant travelling in the week, not possible with work.

Says it all, I pay extra normally to anybody, and only use them, if I really have to.

BB

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Mon 08 Jun 2009, 5:00 am

Because of another issue on my last trip over baggage, I for the first time in probably the last 15 trips booked with Aurigny even though it as a few pounds more, just my little protest,

I have just looked at some options and there are deals available to Guernsey from Gatwick, I found a return june 14 - 21 Only £59.98 Including Taxes, but why are they not promoting that fare?
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Mon 08 Jun 2009, 10:19 am

Sorry wayside who is offering the cheap fare from Gatwick, and you say June does that fare still exist in the July, August. I forgot about Flybast***ds terrrible (expensive) luggage policy.

BB

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down