www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinking sand hazard at Cobo

Go down

Sinking sand hazard at Cobo Empty Sinking sand hazard at Cobo

Post by GD Mon 08 Jun 2009, 8:26 pm

ISLANDERS are being advised to take care when walking along Cobo beach after a woman was caught up in sinking sand.

The woman, whose identity remains unknown, sunk up to her knees in the sand, and had to be pulled out by her husband.

Castel senior constable Barry Paint was at the beach at the time of the incident, which happened on Friday.

‘I was there last night and while I was there a woman was just walking a long and she sunk up to her knees, but no further,’ said Deputy Paint.

It is believed that the loose sand has been caused by the current works being undertaken to rebuild the bunker wall, by the kiosk at the bay.

A trench was dug to allow water around the bottom of the bunker to drain. However, it was filled with sand on Friday to leave the area safe for the weekend, but the sand was soft.

Deputy Paint called the contractor as soon as he was aware of the problem and he barricaded the hazardous area.
(from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum