www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postman is hit by truck

2 posters

Go down

Postman is hit by truck Empty Postman is hit by truck

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 08 Jun 2009, 8:50 pm

A CYCLE helmet saved the life of a postman whose head and arms were crushed beneath the wheels of a lorry.
Steve Robinson was run over by the vehicle at Les Banques on Monday 18 May.
The 52-year-old remembers nothing about the accident. But he is certain he would have died if he had not been wearing the protective head guard.
‘I had tyre marks across my arms, you could even read the make of the tyre,’ said Mr Robinson, who has been a postman on a St Peter Port round for 14 years.
The day of the accident was due to be his day off, but he had agreed to train a new postwoman on the round. Mr Robinson was heading north between the traffic lights at Admiral Park and First Tower Lane just before 9am when the accident happened.
‘I’ve got no recollection of it at all and I hope it stays that way,’ he said.
The outcome was that Mr Robinson became trapped under the lorry’s wheels.
‘My crash helmet saved my life. They look so insignificant you would never think they could protect you from something like that,’ he said.
Mr Robinson had injuries to his left ear, which needed skin grafts, two broken fingers and general cuts and bruises.

(This is Guernsey)

Do u wear a Safety Helmet when u ride your bike?
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Postman is hit by truck Empty Re: Postman is hit by truck

Post by karma Mon 08 Jun 2009, 10:06 pm

Glad he wasn't injured much worse - and I feel bad for thinking this - but I do hope he was the 1 postman who was obeying the traffic lights - because most them think they are there for decoration :(

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down