www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ST SAMPSONS RATES...............

Go down

ST SAMPSONS RATES............... Empty ST SAMPSONS RATES...............

Post by karma Fri 12 Jun 2009, 2:49 pm

I have just received my account and it never fails to annoy me at how abrupt and demanding the letter is. Like due on or before 24 Jul 2009 (at the top of the letter) then the usual blah blah blah in lower carriage with a shouted rates for the current year, as per Cadastre are NOW DUE blah blah blah.

Please note: Persons failing to pay the rates when due are liable to an additional charge of £25 per month or 10% of the amount!! Which brings me to my next Rant - these rates have leapt to an unmanageable amount of £251.85 as apposed to £160+ last year!!! Okay I know the tip prices have risen - but as a person on a fixed income why do they do not offer us the same as the Candastre - which I opted to pay in 4 x quarterly amounts by DD. How can they justify this amount when most of my waste goes to be recycled - I feel very much like not bothering with all the sorting and carting of stuff to recycling places - it costs me time and petrol money (Oh sorry I should use Island Coachways right!!!) and they expect it in one lump sum - when did they become so unreal!!! The amount being charged is £91 short of 2 weeks pension!!!!

RANT OVER

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum