www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year 6 pupils challenged on internet safety for the first time.

Go down

Year 6 pupils challenged on internet safety for the first time. Empty Year 6 pupils challenged on internet safety for the first time.

Post by kiwis kitten Fri 12 Jun 2009, 4:35 pm

THE annual Safety Calling Challenge has been updated this year.
Instead of teaching children about the dangers of talking to strangers, safe use of the internet was included for the first time.
‘There are different hazards always developing and I think quite a lot of children already know the dangers of meeting strangers and the internet has become more of a cause for concern,’ said Yvonne Le Page, chairwoman of the Guernsey Child Accident Prevention Group, which organised the challenge.
Beechwood pupil Hamish Glass said he had learned how dangerous the web could be.
‘I learnt about being safe on the internet, which is important because I go on Facebook and play games a lot without my parents,’ said the 11-year-old. ‘You have to stay away from strangers and not give too much information away about yourself.’
More than 650 Year 6 pupils took part in this year’s challenge.
It is in its 13th year and is aimed at encouraging youngsters to think about how they can prevent accidents and what to do in different scenarios.

Year 6 pupils challenged on internet safety for the first time. 0788203

Jordan Redwood holds an egg wearing a crash helmet which was used to demonstrate to Year 6 pupils the need to be safe when cycling. (Picture by Peter Frankland

(From This is Guernsey)
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum