www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country parishes targeted in crime spree weekend

2 posters

Go down

Country parishes targeted in crime spree weekend Empty Country parishes targeted in crime spree weekend

Post by GD Tue 16 Jun 2009, 7:41 pm

ISLANDERS living in country parishes are being urged to secure their cars and property after a recent spate of vandalism.

Police are investigating a number of incidents which took place mainly in the southern parishes at the weekend.

During the late hours of Friday and early hours of Saturday, three cars were driven away and a further seven vehicles were broken into.

Police believe some of the incidents were related.

In addition, they are investigating damage to St Martin’s Garden and Pet Centre and a burglary at a St Peter Port address, which also happened between the same times.

Detective Inspector Tom Makins said it appeared the offenders had targeted vehicles in secluded country areas which had been left unsecured and sometimes with the keys in the ignition.

‘Fortunately, this level of crime over a single night is unusual. However, police would like to remind islanders it is not only densely populated areas that criminals target.

‘Removing keys from the ignition and locking a car takes a moment and could prevent you from becoming a victim,’ he said.

All damage was discovered by their owners the following morning.

If you have any information contact the police on 725111 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.(from thisisguernsey)

Lets hope this is "unusual"...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Country parishes targeted in crime spree weekend Empty Re: Country parishes targeted in crime spree weekend

Post by Thistle Tue 16 Jun 2009, 8:06 pm

i hope so too have locked my car up and everything else that is lockable
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down