www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eat slugs in tomato sauce

3 posters

Go down

Eat slugs in tomato sauce Empty Eat slugs in tomato sauce

Post by GD Wed 17 Jun 2009, 11:18 am

The television foodie will show how to cook the slimy creatures in his River Cottage programme on Channel 4.
It is the latest in a series of stomach-turning episodes for fans of the organic chef, who have already seen him serve dishes that include woodlice, garden snails and a human placenta.

In this latest programme, to be shown on Wednesday, he rinses slime off the slugs with hot water and vinegar then simmers them in stock before adding tomato sauce.
In other recipes he stuffs them with herbs and spices, batters them to make fritters and adds chilli and garlic to create a slug satay.
The 44-year-old tells viewers: "There is surely not that much difference between a slimy slug and a tasty snail."
But after handing them out to staff at River Cottage, he admits: "I can heartily recommend those dishes, with just one small adjustment – leave out the slugs."
Earlier this year Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall was criticised by Asda chief executive Andy Bond who accused him and other television chefs of patronising shoppers on a tight budget with their credo of organic and fresh food.
Viewers saw Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall struggling to persuade a single mother to spend £1 more by buying Freedom Food chicken, a label certified by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
“Was I the only one who found Hugh's manner patronising to the single mum who should pay more for higher welfare chicken?” Mr Bond wrote.
“I'd like to see the reception he'd get if he joined me on an accompanied shop or customer listening group – not on camera so it turns into a pantomime – but so he can get closer to the challenges real people, ultimately his audience or customers, face on a daily basis.”
Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall can be seen cooking slugs on River Cottage at 8pm.
Very Tasty....lol

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Eat slugs in tomato sauce Empty Re: Eat slugs in tomato sauce

Post by wayside Wed 17 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm

Sounds like an Idea for a new St Peter Port Eatery, would give the new Pasty Shop a run for its money;-)
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Eat slugs in tomato sauce Empty Re: Eat slugs in tomato sauce

Post by Anomiso Wed 17 Jun 2009, 1:00 pm

Days of Our Lives.
..as the Stomach turns....
Anomiso