www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move to send prisoners back to their home country

5 posters

Go down

Move to send prisoners back to their home country Empty Move to send prisoners back to their home country

Post by GD Sat 25 Jul 2009, 12:11 pm

FOREIGN criminals in Jersey’s prison could be sent home to serve their sentences, in an unprecedented move for the Island.

Solicitor General Tim Le Cocq has advised Home Affairs to introduce a new law which could see Jersey signing prisoner-transfer agreements with foreign countries in an effort to send inmates home.

About 30 per cent of prisoners at La Moye are foreign, the majority coming from Portugal and Poland. It costs around £51,000 a year per prisoner at La Moye.

Jersey does not have any treaties with those countries but it has been revealed that discussions to change this are under way. The UK has a Repatriation of Prisoners Act whereby they have agreements with certain countries, but this has never been extended to Jersey.

Senator Ben Shenton, the chairman of the Public Accounts Committee, questioned the chief officer of Home Affairs about the matter during a Scrutiny hearing this week. (from JEP)

This is something that needs to done , why should the tax payer pay to look after foreign criminals...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Move to send prisoners back to their home country Empty Re: Move to send prisoners back to their home country

Post by karma Sat 25 Jul 2009, 12:31 pm

Why has it taken so long for this to be 'discussed'!!!! guernsey needs to do that as well and quickly!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Move to send prisoners back to their home country Empty Re: Move to send prisoners back to their home country

Post by Anomiso Sat 25 Jul 2009, 12:39 pm

Lordy!!! do we send home the descendant too??? :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sat 25 Jul 2009, 3:31 pm

Anomiso wrote:Lordy!!! do we send home the descendant too??? :-)

Tricky in Oz,you would only be left with the indigenous people!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sun 26 Jul 2009, 10:05 am

Come on Guernsey Politicians, wake up and get on with this at the same time or we will lose out!!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Sun 26 Jul 2009, 12:10 pm

bug1 wrote:
Anomiso wrote:Lordy!!! do we send home the descendant too??? :-)

Tricky in Oz,you would only be left with the indigenous people!

'xcuse me!!!
I'm jst a Wog...ya saird nofing abut sanding bag th wogs... :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 26 Jul 2009, 12:20 pm

Before you get too confused - Anomiso does not mean she is:

Wog was originally used in Australia as a slang term for illnesses such as colds, the flu or malaria. This usage has been in existence since at least the early 1940s. It is recorded in the 1941 Popular Dictionary of Australian Slang by S. J. Baker as meaning a germ or parasite......... :-)

She means she is the English equivalent of WOP - in other words an eye-tie of no known (so far) criminal backgrounf :-)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Sun 26 Jul 2009, 1:07 pm

WOG is applied in Australia, as a more or less derogative title to anyone who originated from Greece or Italy...we do also have Wogs as in Flu and such like...in other words..."a pain"... :-) that was until they start tasting our food...Now we are the ones the brought "diversity" to the shores... :-) :-) :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 26 Jul 2009, 2:01 pm

Just wanted to let folks know you were not 'doing a Flouquet' as over on these shores Wog is the shortened form of Gollywog :-)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Sun 26 Jul 2009, 2:57 pm

and will they care... :-) :-) :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 26 Jul 2009, 5:29 pm

Possibly not - but Mr Flouquet almost lost his job on the grounds of being racist Embarassed in fact his reputation as a 'leader' was seriously damaged.................... Shocked

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum