www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned

+3
Thistle
kiwis kitten
GD
7 posters

Go down

Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned Empty Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned

Post by GD Sat 01 Aug 2009, 4:58 pm

A RECORD number of youngsters – some as young as 12 – have sought help about contraception and sexually transmitted infections since the start of the summer holidays.

The Brook clinic has revealed that the number of people aged between 12 and 21 seeking advice has doubled in the past two weeks.

And last Monday, staff at the Nelson Street drop-in centre had to give the emergency contraceptive pill to more than triple the usual number of girls following the first weekend of the six-week break.

The news follows the revelation two weeks ago about the shocking level of under-age drinking in the Island.

Brook’s executive director, Bronia Lever, said that Brook usually saw between 15 and 20 local youngsters at each of its five weekly sessions, but that since the start of the summer break, staff have had to deal with between 20 and 40 young people – including children as young as 12 – at every one. (from JEP)

Worrying that children as young as 12 need contraception advice...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned Empty Re: Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned

Post by kiwis kitten Sat 01 Aug 2009, 6:06 pm

They sure start young these days huh !!! Shocked
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned Empty Re: Sex, drink and summer holidays: Parents warned

Post by Thistle Sat 01 Aug 2009, 7:58 pm

i hope the parents of these underage kids are being told by the brook clinic about what the little darlings are up to.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 01 Aug 2009, 10:08 pm

Seems like these days we are 'late starters' ..... :-) perhaps we are going backwards!!!

'The women in the medieval times had limited opportunities open for them. The women in rich class had two opportunities in life-marriage and nunnery. The fathers of bride and groom generally arranged marriages to safeguard or increase the family wealth. Child brides were frequent and the maximum number of girls got married at the age of 14'.

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by shafted Sun 09 Aug 2009, 8:45 pm

Thistle you clearly don't understand one of the purposes of Brook. It provides advice and help to young people, girls especially who can go in confidence for help, telling parents would drive the whole thing underground and make more problems. Whether we like it or not, if a girl is menstruating she is capable of child bearing and is likely to have sexual feelings, it's society that places abitrary ages on all sorts of behaviour from enforced education, working hours, driving etc.

And before anyone gets all agitated no I'm not a paedophile and would rather people waited for a loving relationship before sex, but I'm also a realist and biologically we are born to pass on our genes, an extraordinary powerful force.

shafted

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Mon 10 Aug 2009, 7:19 am

Good explanatory post 'shafted', thank you.....

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Mon 10 Aug 2009, 7:45 am

Well said shafted, the Daily Mail readers often seem to forget we're simply animals who are here to procreate.

No amount of laws, threats of telling parents (which is totally wrong in my opinion) or anything else will take away that most basic of instincts.

Unless the person's a fridge of course............

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum