www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My food is good for you

2 posters

Go down

My food is good for you Empty My food is good for you

Post by GD Wed 05 Aug 2009, 9:50 pm

AN ORGANIC grower is sending out leaflets to assure her customers that her specially-grown food really is worth buying.

The Food Standards Agency said last week that organic foods did not have any important differences in nutritional content compared with conventional food.

But Guernsey Organic Growers owner Anne Sandwith said her customers knew that organic food was beneficial for their health and the environment.

‘I hope the report will not discourage customers, as that is not the whole story,’ she said.

‘There is a big difference between organic food and conventional food.’

She felt the report had misled the public.

‘It is a very narrow study and there is more to it than meets the eye.

‘People see the headlines and wonder why they should pay the extra for organic food, but it does not take into account there are more nutrients in organic crops.’

The days of "Organic" food boom have gone, the are moves in the UK supermarkets to reduce the shelf space given to Organic food.

Plus people are not prepared to spend the extra money, with the economical situation as it is..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

My food is good for you Empty Re: My food is good for you

Post by karma Wed 05 Aug 2009, 10:15 pm

Well - eating as many veggies as I do - I buy organic otherwise with the amount of pesticide used these days I could go down with the dreaded Mad Cauliflower Disease :-) Beside, Organic food does not get kept for up to a year in freezer containers - I hate that - you get your 'fresh food' home and unless you eat it immediately it gets covered in black freezer marks ugh!!!! and become inedible within a couple of days......

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down