www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call for emergency housing help

+3
Thistle
NewinGSY
GD
7 posters

Go down

Call for emergency housing help Empty Call for emergency housing help

Post by GD Fri 14 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

An accommodation manager has called for more co-operation between Guernsey's housing department and charities providing emergency housing.
Housing applicants must spend six months in a permanent home before they are eligible for a States property.
Charities provide short-term flat leases which are often impractical for large families.
Margaret Spargaren, from Sarnia Housing Association, wants the States to provide more emergency accommodation.
Ms Spargaren said: "What would make my working life easier is if the States provided emergency accommodation.
"I would like for them to be working closer with us about how fast we can move people on so that we genuinely became about emergency accommodation.
Sarnia Housing Association provides temporary housing for the homeless, and permanent accommodation for the elderly, with the object of keeping families together. (from BBC)

Do you think that the States Housing do enough for less fortunate ....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Call for emergency housing help Empty Re: Call for emergency housing help

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 4:15 pm

I'm now living in a house where it's over crowded and can get very violent. We went to CAB for advise and the only way for us to get help from housing is for us to produce a child. Which I think is silly. They don't really care if you get beaten up or get threaten, they're not gonna help. Produce a child and they'll help. We're both working part time so it's hard to get a place of our own. Having a child now is not a good idea.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music,online,reading
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 29 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

r u local if not you wouldnt qualify for states housing.if you are you could try sarnia housing as a stopgap until something else comes up.renting is very expensive over here .i do think there is a need for emergency housing over here .there is also a need to drop the couples qualifying age to 55 years old.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ploughman Thu 29 Oct 2009, 5:09 pm

Newingsy,you say you have no kids and are both working part time, why dont you try working full time and get the money to sort yourself out with your own accomadation! It sounds to me , like you are another one that expects the states to house ,clothe and feed you, try doing something for your self, instead of expecting the good old states to sort you out.
IMO there are too many spongers living off the states already, and you sound like you are ready to jump on the bandwagon as well.

Sorry if this post sounds blunt and arguementative, it isnt meant to be,, but your post tends to imply that you are expecting it all from the states! and are not really prepared to put yourself out .
ploughman
ploughman

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:35 pm

a fair point ploughman.if you both have no kids why are you only working part time.if you are newingsy when did you arrive are you on licence.
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:42 pm

I have licence, if not I won't be able to work. Anyway, I won't be able to get help from state and I don't want to use my kid just to get help. Just confuse on how the system work. Produce a child and we'll help, no child no help. It's crazy.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:54 pm

I am not one of those. I work. My point is does the state really help only when you have a child? I've been looking for full time and I see myself lucky for having a part time at the moment. Ploughman, I don't see how my first post imply that I want to sponge off the state. What I want is information. That's why I join this forum.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:31 pm

you havent answered the question .are you or your partner/husband/wife local .it would be easier to give you information relevent to your situation if you told us.thank you
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rolandkirk Thu 26 Nov 2009, 4:46 pm

It's a ahrd subject Call for emergency housing help Labels=0

rolandkirk

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 26 Nov 2009, 5:27 pm

it is roland but if they are asking for advice there may be somebody on here who can give it to them ,even if they were to pm one of us and ask .
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 26 Nov 2009, 7:20 pm

Thistle wrote:it is roland but if they are asking for advice there may be somebody on here who can give it to them ,even if they were to pm one of us and ask .

Why would anyone come to a forum and ask for this type of advice. Go straight to the professionals and get the correct advice. Come to a forum for advice on the best type of service but on housing rights and issues, I don't think so especially as it is open non confidential etc etc.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 26 Nov 2009, 10:17 pm

we do have the housing minister on here as a member dont we and other who may be able to help .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sat 28 Nov 2009, 8:52 am

And the housing minister, if he has his professional hat on, can only say "Please go to my office where you can be given specific advice to your case" Otherwise his advice can only be generic.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down