www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deputies back neighbours in fighting ‘blot on the skyscape’

Go down

Deputies back neighbours in fighting ‘blot on the skyscape’ Empty Deputies back neighbours in fighting ‘blot on the skyscape’

Post by GD Tue 18 Aug 2009, 3:55 pm

NEIGHBOURS and deputies have condemned plans for a 24-bedroom development near Cornet Street as too big.
They believe it would destroy the character of the area.
The proposed four-storey building off Coupee Lane would include 12 two-bedroom apartments with parking in the basement. It would be flat roofed.
Oliver de la Fosse, 27, has lived in the area for six months. He said he moved to the street because it was an attractive, historic part of Town.
‘I recognise that the site needs to be developed,’ he said.
‘But there’s no logic squeezing in a square building. It will not be in keeping with the area.’
He pointed out that the Urban Area Plan stated that the character of an area needed to be maintained.
‘I don’t see how this statement can be reconciled with these plans,’ he said.
But the proposed development is in keeping with the area, according to one of the owners of the site.
The latest plans were put forward by Coupee Lane Ltd. The company bought the land six months ago. It already had planning permission for nine residential units, as well as office and archive space.
One of its directors, Jeremy Rihoy, said they had tried to be sensitive with the new plans.
‘In our opinion the old plans were not viable, so we decided to revisit it,’ he said. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down