www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Housing minister provokes green belt row

Go down

Housing minister provokes green belt row Empty Housing minister provokes green belt row

Post by GD Fri 11 Sep 2009, 11:10 am

HOUSING minister Dave Jones is facing fierce criticism after not getting permission from Environment to turn a field into a contractor’s yard.Housing minister provokes green belt row 0742584
The planning critic has retrospectively applied to convert the field at La Marette Road in St Sampson’s, which has sparked angry reactions from neighbours.
Brian Queru contacted the Guernsey Press to complain that Deputy Jones was damaging the area. ‘He has been a naughty boy as he has done this on green belt land and has taken a vinery site down to boot,’ he said.
When asked to comment, Deputy Jones said he was too busy. However, he did say he was surprised because he was within his rights.
Mr Queru, whose mother lives next to the area, which is also used by a skip company, said residents were especially irritated because the plot was accessed via a Ruette Tranquille.
‘We are going to put up a huge block if he comes near getting permission because why should this sort of person get permission when an ordinary resident would not?’ he said.
‘It is underhanded because this is an old vinery site and you are not allowed to treat it this way.’
The Heritage Group broker said it was dangerous.
‘It is a fire hazard of a high degree, too. It is a health risk and I know because I am in the insurance business.
‘And people are storing oil up there and it is a water catchment area, so I am going to be speaking to Guernsey Water about that.’
Large vehicles should not be used so much in Ruette Tranquille lanes, he said, especially as it was a dangerous corner already. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum