www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L’Islet field use row - skip firm boss backs minister Jones

Go down

L’Islet field use row - skip firm boss backs minister Jones Empty L’Islet field use row - skip firm boss backs minister Jones

Post by GD Wed 16 Sep 2009, 12:23 pm

L’Islet field use row - skip firm boss backs minister Jones 0841806

The entrance to land at La Marette Road, L’Islet, for which Housing minister Dave Jones has applied for a change of use to industrial, sparking criticism from neighbours. (Picture by Adrian Miller, 0841806)

THE owner of a skip company said he has been using for more than 25 years a field at L’Islet that was turned into a contractor’s yard without permission.
Angry residents of La Marette Road, St Sampson’s, went public last week after the owner of the field, Housing minister Dave Jones, submitted a retrospective planning application.
They said that Deputy Jones was abusing his position by turning the field into a contractor’s yard before applying for planning permission.
But Mick Cummins, of Mick Cummins Skip Hire, came forward to say that he has been using the field for his business for more than two decades.
‘I have always got on with my neighbours and that is all I have got to say,’ said Mr Cummins, declining to make any further comment.
Deputy Jones was on holiday when the story broke, but yesterday responded to his critics.
‘I have not demolished any greenhouses on this site as there were no greenhouses on it when I bought the site,’ he said.
‘The site is zoned as agricultural, not green belt as has been stated. The equipment on the site is classed as agricultural equipment and I have not broken any planning laws as I am entitled, just like everyone else, to apply for change of use of a particular site.
‘Ten feet away from this site is a well-established skip business and digger business which has operated from this site for years.’
Neighbours said the road was a Ruette Tranquille, where priority should be given to pedestrians, cyclists and horses and that having large vehicles passing through was dangerous. (from thisisguernsey)

Oh Dear Mr Jones you have been naughty.....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum