www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ritz may rise again… in the car park

Go down

Ritz may rise again… in the car park Empty Ritz may rise again… in the car park

Post by GD Wed 07 Oct 2009, 11:30 am

Architects redeveloping the former St Saviour’s establishment, commonly known as The Ritz, have put forward a planning application to turn the disused car park opposite into a new pub.
The bar closed in 2007 after more than 120 years and was bought by millionaire businessman Tom Scott for £285,200. At the time he promised to refurbish the building and create a restaurant.
This year, two planning proposals were put forward. The first was for housing and a bar and the second was just for housing.
Architect Peter Falla said at the time that was to give the owner choice, but campaigners gathered a 422-signature petition and the proposals were rejected by the Environment Department in June.
Building across the road is now thought to be the best solution.
Corinne Connolly (pictured), who led the campaigners, was pleased with the new plans.
‘It would be fair to say that I was more than a little surprised when I was advised of the proposed plans for St Saviour’s Tavern,’ she said.
‘Although it is early days, the idea is to seek permission to do a new build in the car park across the road from the existing building.
‘Ultimately, our aim was always to try and have a pub reinstated in the parish as originally promised and our campaign has been very well supported throughout. To have the chance of a new-build pub in the shadow of the “Old Ritz” would appear to be the perfect location.’ (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down