www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA

3 posters

Go down

Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA Empty Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA

Post by GD Mon 12 Oct 2009, 1:15 pm

HEALTH staff were sent to negotiate with a UK-based insurer after the board said not to.
Department member
Deputy Mary Lowe has revealed that she had been surprised to learn two staff had been sent to discuss bills with WPA after the board had said there would be no negotiations.
Health and Social Services claims the insurer owes more than £300,000 because it has refused since January to pay bills for private care at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.
WPA has complained about an ‘unacceptable’ 23% rise in costs.
Deputy Lowe said the board had give clear directions not to discuss the payments. ‘The board did not know about it until it had happened. It came as a surprise,’ she said. ‘The board had made a very clear decision that there would be no discussion with the WPA.’
She sympathised with the insurer.
‘You can understand why the WPA are mystified – they had false hopes of negotiation when the board said no.’
She said the board’s original decision had been right.
‘I don’t know how the taxpayers would feel about subsidising an insurance company,’ she said. ‘That money could go towards cancer drugs or treatment. It is up to the insurer to set their rates and it is not for the taxpayer to pick up the tab.’
Deputy Lowe was also surprised that the department was choosing not to answer questions put to it by the Guernsey Press.
‘There are no reasons they can’t answer these questions. The questions were in relation to answers they previously gave.’ (from thisisguernsey)

Looks like the Civil Service take a lot of notice of our States Deputies..lol
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA Empty Re: Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA

Post by karma Mon 12 Oct 2009, 5:29 pm

Oh what a tangled web we weave - when first we practice to deceive!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA Empty Re: Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA

Post by bug1 Mon 12 Oct 2009, 11:03 pm

Health board knew nothing of negotiations with WPA Michelangelo-The-hands-of-God-and-Man-163501
Now listen carefully.This is the left one and this is the right one.
Now make sure they know what each other is doing(HSS exempt)
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 12 Oct 2009, 11:05 pm

lol! @ Bug

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down