www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority

5 posters

Go down

Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority Empty Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority

Post by GD Mon 31 Mar 2008, 8:10 pm

Replacing the Castel hospital must be top of the list of priorities for the
new States, according to Guernsey's retiring health minister.

Deputy Peter Roffey's sending the message to the next house urging them to
put new mental health facilities ahead of a new Les Beaucamps school.

Yesterday, Education Minister Martin Ozanne told Island FM the school is as
badly needed as a replacement for the Castel Hospital.

Deputy Roffey says it's a tough choice for the next States of Guernsey but
there could be a way around it.

He says if Environment would be less strict about what the Castel Hospital
could be used, they could raise more funds from selling it, to spend on
capital projects. (from Island FM)

They should of done this years ago...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority Empty Re: Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority

Post by Digger Mon 31 Mar 2008, 8:26 pm

I am a great supporter of a better mental health facilities but not to the detriment of selling another states building. They are selling everything we will have nothing for future generations .

I hope the next house put a stop to this selling off of top quality real estate . Lets face facts here we have very little money to play with so it will be a huge problem for the next house to balance the books . something like private partnership might be an option i am not expert on this but i might be worth looking into.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority Empty Re: Health minister warns replacing Castel Hospital must be top priority

Post by jan Wed 16 Apr 2008, 7:53 am

What do you want them to do with the Castel Hospital building then Digger.
All long stay wards have been moved to the Corbiniere site. From a Mental Health point of view only the Acute ward, Albecq remains at the Castel.
The rest of the building is used for offices!!!
In my opinion, they should build another ward at the Corbinerie site for acute patients, sell off the site of the Castel, either keeping the facade for a new apartment block or doing away with all buildings and sell the land for housing. It would fetch a fortune and easily pay for the work needed at the Corbinerie site.
And as for all those offices......well if they got rid of those manager posts that have been growing faster than mezzies we wouldn't need so many offices would we?
jan
jan

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 31 Jul 2008, 6:08 pm

Jan, no way sell of the site, its the family silver. We need a drug rehab over here and need it fast. So I say convert the castel site into a rehab site with self contained living units and treatment centre.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Gumble Thu 31 Jul 2008, 6:54 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:Jan, no way sell of the site, its the family silver. We need a drug rehab over here and need it fast. So I say convert the castel site into a rehab site with self contained living units and treatment centre.

Family Silver? seems to be the in thing with the states recently. Their stock and reserves are dwindling. run into difficulties, sell the family silver. Whats next.... 'Gordon Brown Pawns Big Ben To Support Asylum Seekers'

This Island need to wake up and smell the roses! The states are selling us down the river!
Barney Gumble
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 02 Aug 2008, 8:32 am

Barney Gumble, I agree but why the english connection...........

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum