www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Personal attack’ halts Save Guernsey Post campaign

Go down

‘Personal attack’ halts Save Guernsey Post campaign Empty ‘Personal attack’ halts Save Guernsey Post campaign

Post by GD Sat 14 Nov 2009, 4:51 pm

‘Personal attack’ halts Save Guernsey Post campaign 0872036THE Facebook campaign to save Guernsey Post will shut down today because of personal attacks by Commerce and Employment, says its creator.
Aindre Reece-Sheerin set up the campaign on the social networking site in response to the Office of Utility Regulation’s suggestion that Guernsey Post be opened up to competition.
Since its launch less than a month ago it has gathered more than 1,000 signatures.
Mr Reece-Sheerin said because of a personal attack on his integrity in an email from Commerce and Employment chief officer Jon Buckland, he would no longer be administering the site.
‘I’ve done what I needed to do. I considered that I was being personally attacked so I thought it was time to let the posties carry on.
‘It will close this weekend because I’ve done more than what I set out to do,’ he said.
Mr Reece-Sheerin declined to elaborate on the nature of the ‘attack’. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum