www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Christmas Walk

Go down

Jersey Christmas Walk Empty Jersey Christmas Walk

Post by GD Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:59 pm

Walkers are being encouraged to sign up for the Jersey Christmas Walk. The event, formerly known as the Peter Ward Memorial Midwinter Walk, is now in its 8th year and has raised more than £75,000 for local charities including Jersey Hospice Care.

It takes place on Saturday 12th December 2009 and there are three options for people to choose from. The first is 44 miles round the island, starting and finishing at Ouaisne and the second is 26 miles from Ouaisne to Les Fontaines Tavern, with both routes starting at 2am.

Alternatively, there is an 18 mile, daytime option from Les Fontaines Tavern to Ouaisne. This starts at 9am and is recommended for less experienced walkers.

The Jersey Christmas Walk began in 2002 when a group of friends from RBS International gathered together to walk round the island in memory of their former colleague, Peter Ward, who died from cancer. Since then, it has been held every year and walkers are sponsored in aid of Jersey Hospice Care (75% of sponsorship monies) and the Motor Neurone Disease Association (25% of sponsorship monies).

Despite heavy rain and strong winds 36 islanders completed the walk last year including Rob Douglas who has run the course every year since the event began. He told channelonline.tv: "I have never seen the tide crash over the sea wall at St Aubin, I was getting soaked on the far side of the road which was under 6" of water."

(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down