www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry

2 posters

Go down

'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry Empty 'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry

Post by GD Sun 13 Dec 2009, 10:23 pm

'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry 160x120_father_christmas

Rex Features

A leading expert on St Nicholas was reportedly forbidden from delivering children's presents at an asylum centre because of the security risk he posed.
Guards at Yarl's Wood immigration removal centre in Bedfordshire called police after the Rev Canon James Rosenthal appeared dressed as Santa Claus and carrying £300 worth of gifts.
Rev Rosenthal, the Anglican Church’s expert on the patron saint of children and the imprisoned, said that the presents were donated by several churches in the London area and that the visit had been prearranged.
"St Nick has never been turned away from anywhere before," he told The Sunday Telegraph. "So I was extremely disappointed not to be able to hand-deliver the gifts to the children detained at Yarl's Wood. I hope the kids realise that they will be firmly in my prayers."
A spokesman for the Home Office said that only people subject to stringent security checks can be allowed into the centre, and that there can be no exceptions.

Ah well no Christmas spirit in that centre....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry Empty Re: 'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry

Post by karma Sun 13 Dec 2009, 11:22 pm

Especially where the church is concerned - just look to Ireland 'Security risk' Santa denied asylum entry Affraid even the Pope is 'disappointed'!!!! Bless......

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum