www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously'

+2
kat
GD
6 posters

Go down

Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' Empty Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously'

Post by GD Mon 28 Dec 2009, 12:11 pm

Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' _47000549_geoffmahy2 Deputy Mahy said he is frustrated by a lack of attendance to meetings

A Guernsey minister is calling on politicians to take the job more seriously in the new year.
Home Minister Geoff Mahy has expressed frustration that some of his colleagues do not turn up to enough meetings and do not do their homework properly.
He said: "It's very difficult to get equal understanding if you haven't had equal information."
Deputy Mahy said it "annoys" him when members speak out in the States without being properly informed.
(from BBC)

mmm well perhaps he should name and shame them and when the next elections come around the public will have a better idea who is actually doing the job properly..

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' Empty Re: Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously'

Post by kat Mon 28 Dec 2009, 12:57 pm

Deputies get invited to their parish douziane meeting each month to go into detail of the coming billets and to hear the views of their parish representative .
how many do actually go to this short meeting that last up to an hour of their time?
these meeting are very important as this way they will not how that parish feels about things that will change parish matters..
i think all deputies should support this meeting as this way they will get another point of view on some matters .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' Empty Re: Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously'

Post by Thistle Mon 28 Dec 2009, 10:09 pm

maybe they should bring back the old payment system you only get paid for the meetings you actually attend instead of the deputies being on a salary.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rolandkirk Sat 02 Jan 2010, 1:24 pm

Good resolution for 2010 !!

Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' Labels=0

rolandkirk

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 02 Jan 2010, 4:54 pm

But will this resolution 'follow through' and survive resolutely!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra Sun 17 Jan 2010, 1:58 am

c'mon, it's their JOB!!! name & shame them, i agree, as with kat & Thistle's comments... we miss a day at work we get sacked lol so should they!!! Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' Suspect Deputies asked 'to take job more seriously' 334546
Cassandra
Cassandra

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum