www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’

+2
killer
GD
6 posters

Go down

‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’ Empty ‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’

Post by GD Thu 11 Feb 2010, 8:27 pm

‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’ 00614644_Cropped

Ray Cooper, CEO of Headway.

PERPETRATORS of violent crimes should be made to serve their sentence working with head injury victims, the new chief executive officer of Headway Jersey has said.
Ray Cooper said that victims of violence are often given a life sentence so those who carry out the attacks should be made to see the damage a few minutes of viciousness can have on their victim’s life.
In the fourth part of the JEP’s special investigation into street violence in Jersey, Mr Cooper said that those who commit violent attacks should face the consequences of their actions.
‘Anyone who gets involved in violence can equally and easily become a victim,’ he said. ‘A moment’s madness can ruin not only the life of the victim but also the entire family. You have to see the results of this madness to appreciate the misery that can follow for years.’
Mr Cooper, who recently took on the new role at Headway Jersey after retiring from the finance industry, said that perpetrators should be given community service at Headway as well as other care and family homes in the Island. (from JEP)

So what do you think should violent criminals meet thier victims?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’ Empty Re: ‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’

Post by killer Fri 12 Feb 2010, 2:16 am

Oh great idea victims are really going to want to see the person who nearly beat them to death again. Who ever thought this idea needs his head testing

killer

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’ Empty Re: ‘Violent criminals should meet thier victims’

Post by cockney Fri 12 Feb 2010, 9:35 pm

Violent criminals should be locked up and the key thrown away.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischas Fri 12 Feb 2010, 10:43 pm

killer wrote:Oh great idea victims are really going to want to see the person who nearly beat them to death again. Who ever thought this idea needs his head testing

As a victim of a serious assault two years ago, I could'nt agree with you more. The guy was recently released from prison and I dread going out incase I see him.

Would I willingly see him, no way.

Mischas

Female
Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by zaina Fri 12 Feb 2010, 10:51 pm

I think send em for reprogramming ,
I too was a victim ,but I dont think prison helps ,
humiliation of being treated like a child would help dont you think
mischas ,
They need to be retrained in to societly
and send out to clean toilets for a living
for a few years lol
after a serious attack no one wants to be faced with that person again ,is this guy for real ,
zaina
zaina

Female
Number of posts : 252
Humor : Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sat 13 Feb 2010, 2:22 pm

I only wish they could be "reprogrammed" Zaina but they are not robots.Like "Cockney" says lock em up and throw away the key.At least while inside they may be a drain on the public purse but not a threat to society.
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum