www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airport may close for eight days

2 posters

Go down

Airport may close for eight days Empty Airport may close for eight days

Post by GD Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:40 pm

Airport may close for eight days 0932892

GUERNSEY Airport could close for up to eight days while the runway is upgraded, it has emerged.
Airlines are dismayed by the possibility of no-fly days and have called on the Public Services Department to rethink its plans.
The department has produced a consultation document that says some closures are unavoidable because of the scale of the runway work.
It gave ‘worst case’ scenarios of four two-day closures, although it said that precise details would not be confirmed until a contractor had been appointed in the summer.
‘The complex nature of the works required at Guernsey Airport, including some full-depth reconstruction of the western end of the runway, make the required closures a necessity,’ PSD said in a consultation paper seen by the Guernsey Press.
‘That said, every effort will be made in detailed discussions with contractors to reduce these closures to a minimum and, where possible, avoid them altogether.’ (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Airport may close for eight days Empty Re: Airport may close for eight days

Post by MOLE EXCAVATING Tue 16 Mar 2010, 7:39 pm

Well, to reduce the closures, I have spoken to the airport runway work manager about using me services to install the drains across the runway.

Theyd be daft not to!! Airport may close for eight days Icon_wink

MOLE EXCAVATING

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum