www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New plans for the Esplanade Quarter

5 posters

Go down

New plans for the Esplanade Quarter Empty New plans for the Esplanade Quarter

Post by GD Tue 15 Apr 2008, 2:19 pm

Jersey's Planning Minister will be presenting new plans for the Esplanade Quarter of the Waterfront to the media today.

The past proposals have included a mix of offices, self catering holiday apartments, shops, restaurants and four large public squares.

Developers say it's a key site that will straddle the boundary between the old town and the Waterfront.

The plans include lowering the road near the underpass. The site covers the current Esplanade car park. But there are also proposals for underground car spaces.

Further demise of the "Old Town"

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

New plans for the Esplanade Quarter Empty Re: New plans for the Esplanade Quarter

Post by Sandra Sarkozy Wed 04 Jun 2008, 9:58 pm

I listened to your debate today on the radio and I could not believe that there were any in detail figures with regard to increases in population and evironmental impact assessments, talk about putting the cart before the horse in Jersey

Sandra Sarkozy

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

New plans for the Esplanade Quarter Empty Re: New plans for the Esplanade Quarter

Post by Pegasus Thu 05 Jun 2008, 8:22 pm

Sandra Sarkozy wrote: talk about putting the cart before the horse in Jersey
I think that your Island Ministers do much the same thing
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 06 Jun 2008, 6:43 pm

Sandra Sarkozy wrote:... talk about putting the cart before the horse in Jersey
Don't worry, the horse doesn't have to push the cart, it's being lead by an ass.

I'm in two minds about the Waterfront: I think it's important that it is developed, but I don't think the master plan as loosely proposed is right. It seems odd that at least half the volume of waste that has been put there to reclaim the land is going to be dug out for the below ground level road and parking for one thing.

I'd like to see a high rise Waterfront with more residential bias.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Tue 02 Jun 2009, 10:01 pm

Troy,

We have a developer being sued in America called Harcourt, we have a terrible economic meltdown, and now Minister Freddie Cohen planning minister for Jersey, is on record as wanting the public to pay Harcourt to re house all our States departments and still build what were commercial offices for banks and trust companies.Commercial stand alone businesses.

In other words the commercial viabilty has crashed with the the stock market, and banks but he still argues for the development. Does this not seem weird and strange to you.

We do have some good States members some of which I know, and they are not impressed, not at all, Chief Minister Terry Le Suer, on the other hand, wants growth and money, and the Esplanade quarter, even stranger. He never has made any sence unless you are a developer or highly paid civil servant.

BB

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum