www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Inflation stands at 4.8%

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey Inflation stands at 4.8% Empty Guernsey Inflation stands at 4.8%

Post by GD Wed 16 Apr 2008, 6:37 pm

Inflation in Guernsey stands at 4.8% - 0.1% lower than three months ago, but a long way highre than in the UK (3.8%) and Jersey (3.2%).

The biggest influence on the figures in Guernsey was housing which accounted for 1.2% of the rise.

Takeaway food and eating out became more expensive over the quarter, as did alcohol, fuel, light, power, household goods, motoring and fares.

The only respite against rising prices was in the clothing and footwear section which saw pruice fall 0.4%.

Chief Minister Mike Torode says the 0.1% fall in the inflation rate is 'welcome'.

‘We are currently in an environment in Guernsey where many things seem to be getting more expensive,’ said Deputy Mike Torode.
He says there's not much the States can do to influence prices.

Well that's a great comment from the Chief Minister "0.1% fall is welcome".... big deal...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Inflation stands at 4.8% Empty Re: Guernsey Inflation stands at 4.8%

Post by Digger Wed 16 Apr 2008, 7:46 pm

I agree GD its OK for Torode to say things seem to be getting more expensive but to some people who live close to the poverty line its the difference between eating or not.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum