www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residents delighted after Freds in sheds bid defeated

2 posters

Go down

Residents delighted after Freds in sheds bid defeated Empty Residents delighted after Freds in sheds bid defeated

Post by GD Fri 30 Apr 2010, 3:57 pm

Residents delighted after Freds in sheds bid defeated 0960781_175

Ian Friskins and Mary Phillips and the St Sampson’s plot Environment wanted to turn over to light industry. (Picture by Tom Tardif, 0960781)

HOUGUES MAGUES residents are celebrating after Environment’s plan to turn over almost an acre of land to light industry was thrown out by the States.
Deputies voted 24 to 20 in favour of Deputy David De Lisle’s amendment to reject the proposal, part of the department’s effort to secure more land for small workshops and yards.
Residents Ian Friskins and Mary Phillips, whose home borders the Grand Fort/Hougues Magues site in St Sampson’s and who share the driveway that leads to it, said they were thrilled.
‘It is like Piccadilly Circus in our driveway when lorries are driving up and down, so with a permanent site the noise would have been absolutely terrible,’ said Ms Phillips, adding that development would have also taken away the view from her kitchen window. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Residents delighted after Freds in sheds bid defeated Empty Re: Residents delighted after Freds in sheds bid defeated

Post by karma Sat 01 May 2010, 12:37 pm

NIMBY'S !!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum