www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin?

5 posters

Go down

Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin? Empty Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin?

Post by GD Sat 19 Apr 2008, 7:23 pm

What's in your rubbish bin?

Guernsey's Public Services are trying to find out.

They're conducting a study as part of an investigation into whether kerbside recycling would work in the Bailiwick.

It could cost £1.4million a year but might be essential to meeting our target of 50% recycling by 2010.

Letters are being sent to 300 households and if they agree to take part in the study, their rubbish will be collected separately, split into waste types to assess the relative proportions.

So how good are you at recycling?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin? Empty Re: Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin?

Post by Digger Sat 19 Apr 2008, 8:44 pm

We recycle what we can and i burn a lot of stuff we put a bag out a week its just food stuffs and the plastic you cannot recycle as yet. When my Wormery starts working i can put a certain amount of cooked food in it so that will only be meaty bits that will need to go in the bin.

We had kerbside recycling where we used to live it worked well when could be bothered to pick it up Shocked . IMO kerbside is a must we drove around the tip last week and i was somewhat surprised to see how high it is . I remember taking about 10 minutes to drive down the bottom and that was not that long ago.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin? Empty Re: Public Services ask: 'Whats in your Rubbish Bin?

Post by Thistle Mon 21 Apr 2008, 10:41 am

bring it on.i am quite happy yo take part.as digs has said we burn a lot of our stuff now.recycle what we can and only put out one bag of rubbish a week.this is nearly all cooked waste.we have a compost bin and a wormery which all our peelings,old fruit and some paper goes into.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mafiamomma Fri 06 Jun 2008, 7:10 am

There's 8 people in my household and the majority of our rubbish, along with other non recyclable food packaging,seems to be milk cartons. I thought the States were going to be introducing a recycling facility for these, but how long will it take?

mafiamomma

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gsyguy Fri 06 Jun 2008, 8:10 am

yea same as u mafiamomma but its just me in my household,milk cartons n ermm usual single guys rubbish lol(take aways)
gsyguy
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Sat 07 Jun 2008, 4:06 pm

mafiamomma wrote: I thought the States were going to be introducing a recycling facility for these, but how long will it take?

This is the States you are talking about. years and years..lol
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum