www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Sings 'dream come true' says Bailiff

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey Sings 'dream come true' says Bailiff Empty Guernsey Sings 'dream come true' says Bailiff

Post by GD Mon 10 May 2010, 9:48 pm

Guernsey Sings 'dream come true' says Bailiff _47814430_dsc_0375
The choir included more than the planned 1,000 singers

An event to celebrate the 65th anniversary of Liberation Day was described as a dream come true by Guernsey's Bailiff.
Guernsey Sings saw 1,200 islanders join together as a choir to sing a number of songs, including a specially written composition called Maynine.
Sir Geoffrey Rowland said islanders had succeeded his original desire to hear a 1,000 voices singing to mark the day.
The island was liberated from German occupation on 9 May 1945.
Sir Geoffrey and the island's Lieutenant Governor Sir Fabian Malbon came up with the idea of Guernsey Sings, which saw choirs and individuals practice for five months before performing in front of a crowd of about 5,000 people. (from BBC)

Truly amazing and moving...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Sings 'dream come true' says Bailiff Empty Re: Guernsey Sings 'dream come true' says Bailiff

Post by kat Mon 10 May 2010, 11:09 pm

It was certainly a beautiful sound .such a shame they were so cold ,but they all enjoyed it all .
well done to all i have certainly enjoyed all the liberation celebrations
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum