www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New sensory garden for community centre

3 posters

Go down

New sensory garden for community centre Empty New sensory garden for community centre

Post by GD Tue 18 May 2010, 3:05 pm

New sensory garden for community centre Sensorygarden__

It's been a year in the making and now St Martin's Community Centre in Guernsey has a new and improved outdoor area thanks to help from local businesses.

The sensory garden has been designed for the enjoyment of those who use the Day Centre.

It now has a variety of plants to provide a range of aromas and colour. The design also includes a water-feature, wind chimes and other items to stimulate the senses.

More than £6,000 was raised to fund the project through a line-dancing evening: a Race Night, table-top sales, raffles and charitable donations. As well as that, approximately £4,000 worth of materials and expertise was donated by local businesses.

Anne Blondel, Manager of the Adult Daycare Centre, said: "Everyone at St Martins Community Centre has enjoyed watching the garden coming together over the past few months and the team’s hard work has really paid off. It is quite overwhelming seeing the beautiful garden area as it is now and we are so grateful to everyone involved for their dedication and efforts; this is truly a special area for those who use the Day Centre and we are already drawing admiring glances from passers-by." (from CTV)

Brilliant, well done all, I hope that the "Vanadals" of the Island don't go and spoil it...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

New sensory garden for community centre Empty Re: New sensory garden for community centre

Post by kat Tue 18 May 2010, 5:13 pm

they have a brilliant community spirit up there and deserve all awards they get
well done
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

New sensory garden for community centre Empty Re: New sensory garden for community centre

Post by Thistle Tue 18 May 2010, 5:57 pm

he sensory garden looks beautiful..i know my daughter will take great pleasure in using it xxx
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum