www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuart Syvret calls for party politics

5 posters

Go down

Stuart Syvret calls for party politics Empty Stuart Syvret calls for party politics

Post by GD Tue 18 May 2010, 6:47 pm

Stuart Syvret calls for party politics 00962478_Cropped

Mr Syvret told the meeting that he wanted a more accountable States (00962478)

STUART Syvret last night threw his weight behind calls for party politics as the best way to create a fairer and more accountable States system.
At a public meeting at the Town Hall which effectively marked his public re-emergence onto the Island’s political stage after six months of self-imposed exile, the former Senator said that, if elected in the forthcoming by-election, he would work to establish a new party which could fight the first ‘general election’ in 2012.
He said that Jersey politicians needed to be held accountable through manifesto pledges and that the maintenance of the current system of independent Members merely enabled the ruling elite to marginalise the will of the people.
In front of around 120 people who attended the meeting called by Mr Syvret, the former Health Minister also revealed that he still harboured ambitions to be Chief Minister and would stand for the post if re-elected. However, he said that he would rather do so as the head of a political party having first been elected by its members. (from JEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Stuart Syvret calls for party politics Empty Re: Stuart Syvret calls for party politics

Post by shafted Tue 18 May 2010, 11:21 pm

I attended the meeting last night and was surprised at the support Stuart got.

For all the negative publicity that Establishment Jersey could muster, they failed spectacularly.

Why? well I believe because they cannot, however hard they may try, counter the evidence. Facts are facts and love him or hate him, Stuart has the facts, he has exposed the complete corrupt, ineffective and empty facade that governs this island.

I truly hope that the majority of people in Jersey realise that he must be re -elected, any other outcome will play beautifully into the hands of the establishment.

shafted

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Stuart Syvret calls for party politics Empty Re: Stuart Syvret calls for party politics

Post by kingcolemk Wed 19 May 2010, 9:15 am

120 people out of the whole population of Jersey ! Wow, with support like that the establishment must be quaking in their boots.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Total Waste Wed 19 May 2010, 5:39 pm

What, no chess in Jersey?
Do a bit of research before comming out with purile comments.

Total Waste

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Wed 19 May 2010, 8:05 pm

The article states that 120 people attended a meeting called by Mr Syvret.

That's my research, what more do I need to know. What the heck has chess got to do with it ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 19 May 2010, 9:04 pm

Shafted is right, he has done research albeit on a small group but non supporters had as much opportunity as supporters to be there and these sort of meetings are notoriously poorly attended unless there is a really contensious issue to be discussed. Whether the meeting is a fair reflection of the electorate will be tested at the election. To be fair Syvret's got balls or exceptionally thick skin.

And what has chess got to do with it??

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down