www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot wants Aurigny fleet

Go down

Pilot wants Aurigny fleet Empty Pilot wants Aurigny fleet

Post by Dell Wed 15 Sep 2010, 9:43 pm

Former pilot Ray Bowyer is still hoping to take over Aurigny’s Trislander fleet and launch an Alderney-based airline.

Mr Bowyer said the decision to scrap the proposed Blue Islands/Aurigny merger had strengthened his position, as he looks to operate flights from Alderney to Southampton and Guernsey and consider setting up new routes.

"Nothing has changed from my point of view," said Mr Bowyer, an ex-Aurigny employee.

"This development means we are the only runner in the frame to salvage Aurigny and get it back into profit. Charles Parkinson [Treasury and Resources Minister] has raised the point that Aurigny needs to become profitable and we can offer a considerable sum of money for the Trislander operation that will help slim down Aurigny and give the airline a chance to concentrate on the Gatwick route."

Mr Bowyer, whose mystery financial backer visited Alderney for the first time in August, said he would approach Treasury and Resources (T&R).

"I’ll be looking at how the situation develops in the next few days. Charles Parkinson said he couldn’t speak to me in detail while the Blue Islands proposal was on the table but I’m sure he’ll speak to me now. Guernsey and Alderney taxpayers do not want to be supporting a loss making company."

Mr Bowyer, who lives in St Peter Port, said his airline, which would not compete with Blue Islands between Guernsey and Jersey, could boost Alderney.

"The States of Guernsey has left Alderney out of the equation for a long time. It hasn’t even been part of the lifeline plans. I want to put Alderney back where it should be – at the forefront of the operation."

Should Mr Bowyer be successful, he would seek to link up with Aurigny in certain areas.

He said: "We would look at linking up with their flights to different UK airports and also on the engineering side of things."

T&R has been approached about Mr Bowyer’s plans but is yet to respond.

Source: http://www.channelonline.tv

Hmm... what are your thoughts? Is this valid?

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum