www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police

3 posters

Go down

PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police Empty PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police

Post by GD Sun 26 Sep 2010, 11:14 am

PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration with the States police have been proposed to save money as part of the biggest ever States spending review.

The idea is included in an internal Home Affairs review into the overlapping functions of the two departments.

It was carried out by Home Affairs staff and then reviewed by independent business experts from Jersey, who do not work for the States.

But the plan is fiercely opposed by Home Affairs Minister Ian Le Marquand, who called it completely unworkable and dismissed it as ‘complete and utter nonsense’.

Difficult to answer in an Islands like this costs would probably be saved. But would it work?

What do you think?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police Empty Re: PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police

Post by Dell Sun 26 Sep 2010, 12:37 pm

This is virtually the direction that Guernsey is going in now!

The independent consultants are believed to be Tribal Helm who have been doing work for Guernsey States as well. Watch this space!!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police Empty Re: PLANS to merge Customs and Immigration and Police

Post by karma Sun 26 Sep 2010, 1:23 pm

I wonder what % of the savings Tribal will pocket????

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum