www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders

+3
snails
Pegasus
GD
7 posters

Go down

Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders Empty Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders

Post by GD Wed 12 Mar 2008, 6:33 pm

EVIDENCE is mounting that smoking bans have an immediate and positive effect on health, according to the Island’s consultant cardiologist.

Dr Andrew Mitchell said that research done in a number of European countries backed up findings in Jersey that bans led to a fall in the number of heart attacks.

He was speaking following the release of the conclusions of studies looking into the impact of the smoking bans in France and Italy.

Significantly, he said that a reduction in ‘passive smoking’ appeared to be a major factor in improving health.(from Jersey online)

Should of done it years ago....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders Empty Re: Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders

Post by Pegasus Fri 14 Mar 2008, 8:36 am

Don't agree it should be freedom of choice, special smoking aera's should be set up to allow those who want to have a puff
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders Empty Re: Smoking ban having ‘positive effect’ on health of Islanders

Post by snails Fri 14 Mar 2008, 9:52 am

What gets me about the whole smoking issue is the patronising self righteous 'do-gooders' that go with it.

Come the revolution, brothers....
snails
snails

Male
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.myspace.com/teaspoonriverneck

Back to top Go down

Post by !jersey Mon 31 Mar 2008, 5:28 pm

It makes walking around town horrrible now, the smokers spill out onto the pavements puffing away with intimidating rowdy behaviour and the non smokers are getting the fumes and have to pass in the road endagering their lives. why dont they just fit exaughst sytems to the pub roofs to suck the stuff out like they have over chip shop fryers ???
!jersey
!jersey

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Mon 31 Mar 2008, 6:11 pm

it is the amount of fags ends they leave that annoys me..it is little pick it up!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 02 Apr 2008, 6:16 pm

whilst as a reformed smoker i agree smoking is bad for you,i also think special smoking areas should have been allowed.the mess outside the pubs now is awful.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Thu 03 Apr 2008, 7:44 am

There are litter laws are there not??so they need to be policed...and fines applied ...

lulu

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by snails Fri 04 Apr 2008, 1:27 pm

Many people wanted a smoking ban - they got one, but they still arent happy.Where does it all end??? I mean come on!!!

God, I wish I was perfect.
snails
snails

Male
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.myspace.com/teaspoonriverneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down