www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Nettles and the threatening letters

4 posters

Go down

John Nettles and the threatening letters Empty John Nettles and the threatening letters

Post by GD Sat 20 Nov 2010, 12:41 am

John Nettles and the threatening letters 01097061_Cropped

Actor John Nettles at the Jersey War Tunnels

THREATENING letters were sent to Bergerac actor John Nettles after he filmed a three-part documentary about the Occupation of the Channel Islands.
The actor revealed that he had received letters from disgruntled Islanders in Guernsey who called his programme, The Channel Islands at War, a ‘disgrace’, claiming that it implied that Islanders were collaborators and cowardly during the Occupation.
One of the letters said that he should never show his face in the islands again.
Mr Nettles is in Jersey for tonight’s launch of the DVD of the programme, which was screened on the Yesterday channel in June, and covers the invasion, occupation and liberation of the Channel Islands. (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

John Nettles and the threatening letters Empty Re: John Nettles and the threatening letters

Post by nan Sat 20 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

Not having seen the DVD i can't really comment.
But i do know that some had no alternative about working for the Germans.
No i was not one of them, too young!
nan
nan

Female
Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

John Nettles and the threatening letters Empty Re: John Nettles and the threatening letters

Post by Thistle Sat 20 Nov 2010, 10:47 am

maybe people should ask themselves what would you have done in those dark days to keep yourself and your family alive...did not see the tv programme but i might buy the DVD .
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 20 Nov 2010, 1:37 pm

I would have worked to keep my family fed as well .i could not have seen the starve to death like many did
my father was here ,he was a young lad and said many of the Germans were very kind and they also did not want to be here but had to .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum