www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man.

4 posters

Go down

The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man. Empty The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man.

Post by boatyboy Thu 09 Dec 2010, 12:54 am

An interesting topic retirement, because it will affect all working people. I met a very pleasant Government top civil servant on a train and we discussed the subject. He told me that the Government was fully aware that the accepted system being younger people need to work in order to pay social security and their taxes to keep the old, is a load of outdated rubbish. A fundamentally flawed system, as he put it.

The formula is simple as to why it does not work, and will be the down fall of civilisation. Sounds rather heavy but true. Want to know why? Lets assume it takes ten good workers to provide for the needs of a senior citizen. It could take one high earner or maybe a millionaire, but please bear with me. So ten workers provide a portion of the pension, medical care, old peoples home, public transport ok.

Take Jerseys' population of around 90,000 of which 46,000 work. So in time 46,000 will also retire and will need 10 workers each to work to contribute.

So there are now 460,000 workers on Jersey plus 46,000 retired people, not including children
and the unable to work. A total of around 520,00 + on 48 square miles and growing. It will be the same the world over.

Its an interesting fact that 1870 was the year that 65 became the norm for retirement, and we are aware that we live much longer. The carbon issue, recycle issue, green issues so loved by politicians adopted by families is a good step forward. Also a smoke screen. Over population is the real threat.

What scares me most is an article I read by the guru demographer (sorry name escapes me). He stated that all that matters in the future as the population continues to rise, will be the trade between countries of food, clean water.

If the population problem is not addressed these will become the only items large populations of impoverished poor people will care about; Starving people will attack their Governments and destabilise civilisation as we know it.

Should the Governments who are leaving the retired people short of money, still encourage through benefit payments, couples (or unmarried mothers) to have babies.The fact is there are 75 MILLION new mouths to feed every year and rising.

Unless this very serious issue is addressed, what state will the earth be in the very near future ?

Is the problem due to corruption partly based on Governments pandering to corporations ? the more customers the better, buying houses, cars, utilities, bigger tax take, etc ?

Are we not supposed to be building a better future for our children and humanity ? unless we start looking at the population problem seriously the human race is heading in one direction and its the wrong direction.

Boatyboy

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man. Empty Re: The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man.

Post by bug1 Thu 09 Dec 2010, 5:07 pm

Thanks "Boaty" Just what was needed,a bit of Xmas cheer!!!!
No government has ever been able to control population(except China,a totalitarian state and then only partially successful)As you say,the future looks grim.Rely on Mother Nature,she'll sort it.One way or another!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man. Empty Re: The truth about the biggest Ponzi scheme ever invented my man.

Post by Spirit Thu 09 Dec 2010, 5:42 pm

A pretty accurate assessment.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert Fri 10 Dec 2010, 11:30 am

boatyboy wrote:
Take Jerseys' population of around 90,000 of which 46,000 work. So in time 46,000 will also retire and will need 10 workers each to work to contribute.

Boatyboy

Will they all retire at the same time? You would have thought this doomsday scenario, following this logic would have happened a generation after it was introduced.
Fast Robert
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Fri 10 Dec 2010, 9:11 pm

Robert you are right the maths are very simplistic and not particularly accurate, this is meant, that’s why I used the word assume. To get the point over. England 405 people per sq mile would differ from Jersey 2,000 people per sq mile, as would other parts of the world. So the figures will always be geographically sensitive.

The retired groups differ also, how many of them will be ex public servants, or farmers who have sold their properties and need no financial help.

Lets add another few years or decades if you like. It makes no difference to the sustainability argument as written. To live the life style will live now the world could comfortable sustain 2.5 billion people. There are actually more than 6 billion on earth as I type this.

The Governments urgently need to start taking the population problem seriously. I always smile when I hear the argument put forward we need more people to earn, to keep us when we are old.

The other outdated argument is we have plenty of land look at Canada and even Scotland, they obviously mean like Guernsey and Jersey when a few thousand people could grow their own food. Look at us now.

If the retirement scheme worked, we all paid in and the scheme is so obviously not fit for purpose. If it was, why are the ( non wealthy) retired pensioners not having an excellent standard of living including holidays and all the trimmings ? Rather sell your house or pay even more in the latest desperate move by Governments who trust me, know the truth.

A classic Ponzi scheme, thats unravelling, all part of the same over poulation problem.

BB

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum