www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson

3 posters

Go down

Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson  Empty Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson

Post by GD Wed 26 Jan 2011, 7:29 pm

THE Home Department is looking at additional measures to tackle drink-driving, according to minister Geoff Mahy.

Deputy Mahy said no plans had been put to his board, but education orders – where offenders have to take classes to understand the law – were being considered.

More drink-drivers were arrested this Christmas than during the festive period in 2009. There were 13 arrests, compared with seven the previous year.

Since 2004, there has been a steady decline in the number of arrests for drink-driving

So who would pay for these lessons? the offender I hope, I fail to see why the tax payer should foot the bill for this...

The only method to put off anyone drink driving is the constant Police road checks... bump1
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson  Empty Re: Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson

Post by Thistle Wed 26 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm

i totally agree GD..they take a chance and drink drive ,get caught or worse kill somebody..why should the taxpayer pay to give them lessons.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson  Empty Re: Drinking drivers could end up getting a lesson

Post by kat Fri 28 Jan 2011, 10:53 am

i think the more the reading the longer they should be off the roads .and no the tax payer should not be paying anything for their lessons
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum