www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’

+3
Thistle
kat
GD
7 posters

Go down

Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’ Empty Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’

Post by GD Thu 10 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

JOBLESS Islanders are shunning formal employment so they can work on the sly and not lose benefits, according to the boss of the Island’s biggest construction firm.
Dandara managing director Martin Clancy says the income support system could be discouraging people from seeking proper jobs.
He says that it is a ‘disgrace’ that people can refuse offers of paid work and still receive handouts.
Meanwhile, he has condemned as ‘madness’ rules that prevent his company from employing more apprentices and trainees. (from JEP)

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’ Empty Re: Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’

Post by kat Thu 10 Feb 2011, 10:22 pm

This is also happening in Guernsey
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’ Empty Re: Unemployed turning down ‘proper jobs’

Post by Thistle Fri 11 Feb 2011, 7:40 am

nothing unusual there then.....youngsters are given too much benefit for doing nothing...as as been said before they should be made to go and clean beaches,sweep roads ,dig gardens for people etc etc in return for benefits x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 11 Feb 2011, 11:36 am

I could find them work to do that would benefit all.
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Fri 11 Feb 2011, 12:16 pm

GD wrote:
JOBLESS Islanders are shunning formal employment so they can work on the sly and not lose benefits, according to the boss of the Island’s biggest construction firm.
(from JEP)

Next they will be telling us that the Pope is a Catholic.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Fri 11 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

How can we prod our decision makers to start making decisions,right or wrong! As the great man said "you can please some of the people all of the time,all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time." but at least make some decisions and please some of us.PLEASE.
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Fri 11 Feb 2011, 4:10 pm

news like this one day and the next, a guy in a wheelchair building an extension..

maybe a field trip to this guys house to watch him work would shame them enough to get them off their lazy a** and get out and get a job !!!

but i doubt it very much..

The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 11 Feb 2011, 9:03 pm

Thistle wrote:nothing unusual there then.....youngsters are given too much benefit for doing nothing...as as been said before they should be made to go and clean beaches,sweep roads ,dig gardens for people etc etc in return for benefits x

They used to (until the 'do-gooders' and 'human rights' came to their rescue)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 12 Feb 2011, 8:18 am

they still have the ceps scheme running to helpthe long term unemployed..they have to work on various things mostly for states depts to earn a wage for 8 weeks they get a top up from supp ben..surely this scheme should be extended..either that or cut down on foreign workers and make these laszy little sods work...i agree with the gimp send them round to help aindre build his extention xxxx
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 12 Feb 2011, 11:24 am

The thing with that scheme they do not have enough people 'overseers' so they cannot take as many as they used to (well, thats progress for you)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sat 12 Feb 2011, 4:31 pm

AH Progress!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum