www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It pays to be a thief...

2 posters

Go down

It pays to be a thief... Empty It pays to be a thief...

Post by GD Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:19 pm

A businessman who placed a sign saying "thief" around an employee and marched him to a police station has had to pay him £13,000.
Simon Cremer claimed Mark Gilbert had stolen a cheque for £845 from him.
But Mr Gilbert, who claims he was owed the cash, is understood to have sued his former employer for the distress and humiliation caused.
Mr Cremer, who runs a flooring business in Witham, Essex, said lawyers had advised him to settle out of court.
He said: "I am very disappointed. I am very dissatisfied with the legal system.
"My legal team advised it would be cheaper to settle than go to court - which could have cost £20,000, that is money I don't have."
Mr Cremer, 46, and the three employees were arrested and accused of false imprisonment following the incident in September 2008, but the charges were later dropped.
Mr Gilbert was marched through Witham with the sign dangling from his neck.
The sign, written on cardboard, said: "THIEF. I stole £845 am on my way to police station."
But Mr Gilbert, 40, told a newspaper that he had been owed wages - a claim denied by Mr Cremer. (from BBC)

The world has gone mad...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

It pays to be a thief... Empty Re: It pays to be a thief...

Post by Spirit Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:50 pm

Obviously not a business in the building trade. In that part of the world, the boss would say to the rest of the employees

"Sorry folks but because a thieving B*******d is taking us to court, I will not be able to give you a pay rise this year, in fact I might even have to cut your pay and lay off a few of you. This is a shame because I was about to give you all a £500 bonus but we can not afford to if this court case goes ahead."

The following day, the boss receives an apologetic letter and a statement from the former employee's solicitor saying that all action has been dropped.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down