www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything but Gruff!

Go down

Anything but Gruff! Empty Anything but Gruff!

Post by GD Wed 23 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

A year ago, Jane Makemson brought a pair of billies to Herm, after they were saved from an uncertain future. And to the delight of islanders and visitors the three of them can often be seen roaming the island together.

The pair of Anglo-Nubian goats, who think they're dogs, follow Jane all over the island - wherever she goes, they go.

"Weather permitting," said Jane "I take them out most days, and it's usually a coastal walk which can take from an hour to two hours depending on which way I go. We'll go out in the fog, but the rain. I'm afraid, they don't like so we tend not to go out out when it's raining."

When not exercising, the goats have a happy time sharing a field with a flock of chickens. But they only came to the Channel Islands after they were rescued by Animal Aid from ritual slaughter. They were going to be used in a religious ceremony in Sheffield. Their past is firmly behind them now and they're making the most of life.

The goats have become a welcome part of island life for residents and visitors. One thing's for sure - these billy goats are anything but gruff! (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum