www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mare neighbour starts campaign against CBT

2 posters

Go down

Mare neighbour starts campaign against CBT Empty Mare neighbour starts campaign against CBT

Post by GD Fri 11 Mar 2011, 4:56 pm

A FRUSTRATED Castel resident has posted about 50 letters through neighbours’ doors, warning them about proposals to have motorcycle training at La Mare de Carteret Primary School.
The Guernsey Motorcycle Training Scheme used to conduct Compulsory Basic Training at Les Beaucamps High School, but had to stop in February because of the school redevelopment.
The Environment Department is now looking at the playground at La Mare de Carteret as a new venue and training could start before the end of the month. But not everyone is happy.
Michael Terrot, 66 (pictured), who has lived on Rue du Galaad for 14 years, was dismayed when he heard that motorcycles could be training about 15 metres from his house at weekends. He has sent out about 50 letters to local residents warning them about the plans and asking them to get in contact with Education minister Carol Steere. (from GEP)

I think that "Its OK, but not on my back door" comes to mind... Mare neighbour starts campaign against CBT 58113
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Mare neighbour starts campaign against CBT Empty Re: Mare neighbour starts campaign against CBT

Post by Dell Fri 11 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

I wonder if this chap has tried to speak to anyone from the GMTS to find out what they will be doing and on what part of the playground? It may not impact upon him and his family and therefore not need to worry half of the neighbourhood!

The GMTS do an invaluable job in training up youngsters and the not so young to safely get out onto our roads. They need somewhere safe and off the road to deal with the basics first.

I agree GD, seems to be 'sour grapes'......

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum