www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mmmm

+2
kiwis kitten
GD
6 posters

Go down

mmmm Empty mmmm

Post by GD Wed 16 Mar 2011, 6:16 pm

Hi all

Just to tell you I am well upset with Fran Torode aka maisiecat who posted a "Well out of Order" comment after the Guy from Chaos Monkeys asked me to put a post about their fund raising effort on the Forum

Ok WNG have done well to raise the money to buy shelter boxes, but to put a remark that they got their 1st was unnecessary and the Guy was very upset to think that someone was putting their event down

I did make a comment after Fran's post, but she has not contacted me and then goes and boast's about their appeal on VDI shoutbox, which I removed

I don't know if I am wrong in my feeling on this, I have never had a problem with WNG or its Admin Team, but never participated on their forum because of this sort of attitude in the past, which it seems once again they have proved that they have "Glory Seekers" on their team..

Just thought I would explain my feelings to all...

Martyn

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

mmmm Empty Re: mmmm

Post by kiwis kitten Wed 16 Mar 2011, 6:25 pm

GD......I was a little shocked when i saw her comment last night....

Who cares who is "first" in raising money for the shelterboxes ...as long as ppl give......I wish all of them luck in raising as much money as they can...her comment was sooo childish .....best i shut my mouth before i say anymore Wink
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 16 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

Oh dear!! I am surprised as I thought that she was happy that we co-existed in local cyber-space and we didn't tread on each others toes! I am not a member of their site anymore so can't comment if they are 'slagging us off' or not!

Is anyone a member and can see what they are saying?

Perhaps, if we really need to, we can arrange a meeting at mutual admin / senior level to 'smooth over troubled waters'?

It is not helpful for anyone to have a grudge imo and we should all just 'get on', particularly with a charitable enterprise!!

Ash .
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 16 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

had a quick look earlier not slagging us of at the moment.....why must they always look for praise via the media
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 16 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

reading the thread on wng it seems the donations are not just buying shelter boxes but paying for training etc ..have copied and pasted but if you feel the post inappropriate please delete GD

Dear supporters,

We have recently been notified by JustGiving that you’ve created an online fundraising page to support our disaster relief work. With the recent situation in Japan, the support of people like yourself is needed now more than ever.

Following the huge 8.9 earthquake and tsunami, ShelterBox immediately mobilised – a four man ShelterBox Response Team is already in country and have began sorting in country logistics. ShelterBoxes are leaving for Japan today and many more are expected to follow from our prepositioned stock around the world. Our quick response would not be possible without the efforts of our fundraisers so once again, thank you.

If you would like to receive any materials to assist with your fundraising, such as posters, flyers or balloons, please do not hesitate to contact me and I’ll be delighted to help. I have also attached a handy document which has some hints about making the most of your JustGiving page.

The generous donations we receive from JustGiving are not automatically allocated to boxes. This gives us the flexibility to use the funds where they are most needed, whether it’s pre-positioning boxes, training ShelterBox Response Team volunteers, or funding any other aspect of our disaster relief work.
Although you will not automatically receive box numbers from your page, you can still be sure that the money you raise will make a huge difference to families who have lost everything. If you would like to receive box numbers, please let me know within the next 72 hours with your name, address and JustGiving page URL.
I have done this

Best wishes and once again, thank you for your generous support,

James Webb
Fundraising Officer
ShelterBox
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Wed 16 Mar 2011, 9:08 pm

They are doing a good job and i praise anyone for doing so....but MC just didnt need to say what she said.....GD had a complaint from the organiser of the ChaosMonkeys fundraiser ..he said her comment wasn't necessary and why did they/she feel the need to say that WNG was first....who cares who is first...

what matters here is the amount of support and money given....

kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Wed 16 Mar 2011, 9:55 pm

Most people who give to charity wish to remain anonymous and not make a song and dance about it. Why boast about who was first seems to me like GD has stated is just ''Glory Seeking''! angry1
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 16 Mar 2011, 10:35 pm

i totally agree guys and very unfair to chaos monkeys xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sat 19 Mar 2011, 8:38 am

I agree GD there is no room for glory hunting , i do not use the site either for mainly the same reasons , to me she was out of order , This is the sort of thing that was the the demise of why Guernsey was it not . If i give to charity i do not go and tell every one "oh i gave to that charity ".
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum