www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is measuring children the obesity solution?

3 posters

Go down

Is measuring children the obesity solution? Empty Is measuring children the obesity solution?

Post by GD Mon 21 Mar 2011, 6:33 pm

There are plans to measure schoolchildren in Guernsey as a possible step towards controlling obesity.

Currently, children at two Guernsey primary schools - Amherst and St Martin's - are being asked to take part in a pilot project to see if there would be any benefit in establishing a school-based growth monitoring programme.

The Guernsey Child Measurement Initiative, as it is being called, has been set up by the Guernsey Health Promotion Unit and researchers from Oxford University.

On a voluntary basis, children are weighed and measured to see if they are likely to be a healthy weight.

Director of Public Health, Dr Stephen Bridgman, says obesity is a very important public health problem which is not yet under control. Better evidence on how to control this major problem is needed worldwide, he says. (from CTV)

So do you think measuring children the obesity solution?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Is measuring children the obesity solution? Empty Re: Is measuring children the obesity solution?

Post by Thistle Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:38 am

not at all..having been a fat child and still a fat adult imo this is just a load of nonsense. i look atmy grandmother,auntis etc who were all very overweight it is my opinion that a weight problem is in your genetic makeup...i go on diets lose weight then put it back on and usually more than i lose....before you all start shouting you must overeat i can tell you now i dont eat big meals ..my prob is a bar of chocolate ,sweets etc..so i am now trying not to buy them ..unfortunately there is no help out there for a chocolate addict...
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Is measuring children the obesity solution? Empty Re: Is measuring children the obesity solution?

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

Thistle wrote:not at all..having been a fat child and still a fat adult imo this is just a load of nonsense. i look atmy grandmother,auntis etc who were all very overweight it is my opinion that a weight problem is in your genetic makeup...i go on diets lose weight then put it back on and usually more than i lose....before you all start shouting you must overeat i can tell you now i dont eat big meals ..my prob is a bar of chocolate ,sweets etc..so i am now trying not to buy them ..unfortunately there is no help out there for a chocolate addict...

If you haven't ry low carb choc and sugar free sweets, may help but has to be part of a balanced diet.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum