www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies"

3 posters

Go down

Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies" Empty Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies"

Post by Thistle Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:37 am

The amount our deputies get paid is going to be looked at again. An independent panel will assess their salaries. Before the machinery of government was changed States members just recieved expenses but for the last few years they have been paid a salary as well. Now an independent panel, including former states member Di Lewis will look at their pay and work out if its fair. The matter should be discussed by the States later this year ahead of next years election. «"taken from sure website"

do you think our deputies deserve more money.are they paid too much.should we go back to an expenses only states..please discuss
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies" Empty ‘Stop paying our deputies’

Post by GD Thu 24 Mar 2011, 5:22 pm

GUERNSEY would be better off going back to the days when deputies were unpaid, a former States member believes.
One-time deputy chief minister and Commerce and Employment minister Stuart Falla said the current level paid to deputies is too high and has attracted those who see politics as a career rather than those who want to make a real difference to the island.
‘I believe we’re going towards having career politicians who are less prepared to pursue difficult decisions and are more worried about being voted in next time around,’ he said. ‘I think the payment of politicians has contributed to that.
‘The States has become very attractive and a reasonably well paid job for a variety of people, but they might not have stood if that pay hadn’t been there.’ (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies" Empty Re: Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies"

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 7:32 pm

he is right to some extent, I know of one that is not too bright and sees this as a career.

But looking to the wealthy to run the Island limits who we can have as politicians.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies" Empty Re: Guernsey Deputies Wages Under The Spotlight "Stop Paying our Deputies"

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum