www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Put your money where your mouth is'

3 posters

Go down

'Put your money where your mouth is' Empty 'Put your money where your mouth is'

Post by GD Wed 04 May 2011, 5:33 pm

One retailer is so unconvinced about the Town Centre Partnership's claim empty shops in St Peter Port will be put to use within six months, that he has announced he will give over £4,000 to charity if they do.

The Town Centre Partnership has not convinced everyone with their assurances that more than 40 shops will be filled within half a year.

Brian Vohmann, who owns Sail or Surf in the Commercial Arcade, says he will give the Teenage Cancer Trust £100 for every one of the 41 shops the Partnership do fill.

He said: "I was really annoyed at the inaccuracies of the whole report, and I'm so annoyed by it that I'm prepared to challenge the Town Partnership to, if they can let all 41 of the shops in the next six months, then I will give £100 for every one of those 41 shops, so that's £4,100 and I would like to donate that money to the Teenage Cancer Trust."

The Partnership's claim has certainly raised eyebrows. It provides funds for events like the Town Carnival and the visits by the Norman Markets. Its main aim is the regeneration of St Peter Port, and the group says it has done their homework, spoken with estate agents, and is confident these shops will be filled soon.

Deputy Jack Honeybill from the partnership said: "They assured me that if work wasn't going to happen soon it was certainly starting within six months with a view to those properties being let, so this challenge that is now being given is great and very kind of the chap who's doing it.

"What we will do is, we will now set up a list and we will monitor the situation on a very regular basis and we will make sure that we encourage what was promised a few weeks ago to try and fill these premises."

The countdown is now on, and the clock is ticking for the Town Centre Partnership to help get all of these empty premises back in business. (from CTV)

I totally agree with Brian...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

'Put your money where your mouth is' Empty Re: 'Put your money where your mouth is'

Post by kat Wed 04 May 2011, 5:39 pm

We at out floral team will also be watching and will be delighted if they are filled .and if they can KEEP them open.
we also want to regenerate St Peter Port .this is a jewel in our crown we need to polish and encourage the thousands who arrive here on the liners to come back for a week or twos holiday .this will in turn help our our own economy that we desperatly need .
so smarten up the whole area visitor do not want to come and vivit aplace that looks pants they want to see a good picture
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

'Put your money where your mouth is' Empty Re: 'Put your money where your mouth is'

Post by Thistle Wed 04 May 2011, 7:06 pm

we as customers would be dleighted if we had some decent shops opening in town..sadly until greedy landlords stop charging very high rents that is unlikely...maybe honeybill should match the charity offer with his own cash x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 05 May 2011, 5:41 pm

phoned radio guernsey this morning and suggested that honeybill and town centre partnership could possibly donate £100 per shop that isnt filled in 6 months to the same charity.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum