www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe

3 posters

Go down

Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe Empty Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe

Post by GD Tue 10 May 2011, 6:32 pm

PENSIONER Elena Cook has been given 28 days to take down a fence that Environment says does not fit in with its surroundings.

Mrs Cook, 65 (pictured), lost an appeal in July last year to keep the fence at her home at Les Rouvets, Vale, which protects anyone in her garden from a 10ft drop into the road.

In October she was told to take the fence down but she ignored that and has now been issued with a compliance notice.

‘The amount of time I’ve spent on this thing, I’ll find myself taking an axe to it,’ she said.

‘I just think of my daughter or the man cutting the grass – what happens if he feels dizzy and goes over the wall?’

(from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe Empty Re: Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe

Post by kat Tue 10 May 2011, 9:42 pm

Just goes to show why folks do this with out asking i have seen many fences sheds and all kinds of stuff go up and never an environment application in sight ..
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe Empty Re: Elena must take down fence put up to keep her daughter safe

Post by Thistle Wed 11 May 2011, 7:28 am

i know elena and her daughter..this is an absolute disgrace..this lady is only trying to keep her daughter who has down syndrome safe when she is out in the garden..environment should be ashamed of themselves x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 11 May 2011, 9:38 am

An absolute disgrace ..let us say now it is the civil servants that decide these decisions and not the deputies ...
Just goes to show who has the power in this island !
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 11 May 2011, 9:53 am

thistle if this lady needs a fence she could always have a willow one a living one
We at floral have put one in at a school where there was a 10 foot drop .it will grow and be very strong .
can you send me more info personally please
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down