www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade

4 posters

Go down

New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade Empty New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade

Post by GD Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:39 pm

A NEW charge on people buying cars could be imposed to help reduce pollution and energy use, according to the Policy Council’s Draft Energy Plan.

In view of the increasing number of cars in Guernsey, the draft plan states: ‘We may need to consider fiscal approaches at initial purchase [of a car], as adopted in some other countries.’

But managing director of Bougourd Ford and chairman of the Guernsey Motor Trades Association Iain Carse said that imposing charges on car buyers would be worse for the environment. He said that 15 new cars would produce less pollution that one 10-year old car, and tax on new vehicles would mean that fewer people would upgrade.

‘People who can afford big gas guzzlers couldn’t care less about an increase in tax,’ he said. ‘When a tax was introduced in Jersey, it was the bottom end buyers who suffered – those who were already stretching their budget. They will be put off by the extra cost and end up running their old, high-emission cars for longer.’ (from GEP)

So why don't the government only impose a tax on the big gas guzzlers, then as the GMTA chairman said i would only be the people who can afford it pay and leave the small car user alone...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade Empty Re: New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade

Post by Thistle Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

wish they would leave car drivers alone..an mot would be better it would then get rid of most of the unroadworthy cars being driven around the island in one foul swoop
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade Empty Re: New car tax would be bad for environment, say motor trade

Post by kat Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:30 am

They should go and look how many cars are dumped all over the place with a insurance disc on ..and investigate if it is worthy! as i know of many who get a disc then cancel the insurance ..as they pay monthly..so they have a disc in date but it is not worth the paper it is written on
it is these folks who make it dab for other drivers who pay their dues
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

Bul##hit just another out of the blue tax money making scheme. I believe in the twenties in America it was called extortion.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum