www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

possibly 2 new adult respite beds

2 posters

Go down

possibly 2 new adult respite beds Empty possibly 2 new adult respite beds

Post by Thistle Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

so HSSD are possibly going to fund 2 new respite beds for adults with learning disabilities...does hunter adam really think that willmake a difference to the amount of respite carers receive..he needs to be talking to parents and not to the suits within his department..imo this is being discussed because ther is an election next year and he is trying to get carers on his side..i am sorry mr adam but you seem to have forgotten the 100 and 100's of thousands of pounds caring in the community saves the states on a yearly basis...so instead of saying well done and tapping yourself on the shoulder try and get real and walk a mile in our shoes Rant
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

possibly 2 new adult respite beds Empty Re: possibly 2 new adult respite beds

Post by kat Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

I agree thistle it needs to be looked at properly...and like you say a proper paper being brought forwards to the AMOUNT that is needed.
there are many who get no respite care at all .and they suffer in silence .as they do not want to add to the ever increasing numbers .
I would say to the top folks ge toff your backside and ask for those to come forwards who need help .or even talk to the doctors of these folks who ask for help all the time ..the family docs know who they are ..as they try to do their best to cope with out any extra care available to them .
yes there is an election and some will be already trying to sway a vote for themselves .but i will not look at what they have done in the last few onths i will look at what they did and where they have support others all the time they have been in office .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:29 am

i see in yesterdays press that it was the moderating panel who didnt think respite care was important enough to be brought forward to the states strategic plan ..wish i knew who was on the panel..would ask them to care for my adult daughter for a few weeks and then tellme that respite care isnt important .
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

There is much more needed .they know this as you have told them often enough.were would your daughter go if you were taken ill yet again?
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

its always in my thoughts kat what if......imowe need at lease 4 adult beds to be available for respite care bearing in mind the 100's of thousands of pounds carers save the states every year by caring at home instead of residential....these people in hssd havent got a clue x
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

No they dont .how many hours do many mums with children who have learning disabilities save the states every day .yet they have to beg and fight for everything they need .some still dont get it .only way to get what you want is to totally be dependant of the sup benefit
many youngsters now know the system and are milking it dry
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm

even on supp kat invalid care allowance is classed as income and your supp benefit is cut accordingly x
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:29 am

My aunt had her taken away as my uncle went into respite for so many days a week and had day care on 4 days a week ..
he is now had to go into a home permanently
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

i see in todays press that to save money hunter adam has said it might be better if the new respite unit was delayed for the time being...what a two faced arrogant tosser this man is..i have lost all respect for most of our so called politicians but this twat takes the biscuit...how much are we parents caring for our adults with learning disabilities saving the states of guernsey per year..beleive me it runs into hundreds and hundreds of thousands of pounds x
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

they would take it away kat as you have to care for the person for more than 35 hours a week to be able to claim it xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down