www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PUPPY died after a sofa treated with a toxic spray

Go down

A PUPPY died after a sofa treated with a toxic spray Empty A PUPPY died after a sofa treated with a toxic spray

Post by GD Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:52 am

A PUPPY died after a sofa treated with a toxic spray to protect the fabric DESTROYED its lungs.

Border Collie Tia, just ten weeks old, started to pant for breath soon after sitting on the new £600 settee.

The next day she was in such agony she had to be put down.
he case has now been linked to the toxic leather sofa scandal of 2008.

Housing manager Stacey, 26, from Glasgow, said last night: "I only used half of the amount recommended and kept the door to the bedroom closed to protect the dogs while I put it on.

"Later Tia went into the bedroom. Soon afterwards I saw her looking distressed. She was having terrible trouble breathing and we took her to the vet.

Scandal ... 2008 story

"But by the following morning they told us Tia had been left with only 15 per cent of her lung capacity and had to be put to sleep."

Vet Lesley Herd said: "We did everything we could. But little Tia was in such acute respiratory distress, we could not save her."

Stacey's other dog Indy suffered lesser symptoms and recovered.

The Veterinary Poisons Information Service was alerted and the furniture chain stopped selling the cans last year. But thousands had already been sold in its 152 stores.

Harveys Fabric Protector contained heptane — used in solvents and glue. It should only be used in carefully controlled conditions.

Victims have suffered excruciating stomach pains, rashes, extreme fatigue, sore throats and vomiting.

The problems are now being linked to the sofa scandal of 2008 — exclusively revealed by The Sun.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down