www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green tax is unfair

2 posters

Go down

Green tax is unfair Empty Green tax is unfair

Post by GD Sun 08 Jun 2008, 12:44 am

PLANS to hit motorists with green taxes are purely revenue-generators, it has been claimed.

Guernsey Motor Trades Association chairman Michael Wager (pictured) said recommendations put forward by the Energy Policy Group to clamp down on CO2 emissions and address local energy usage were targeting the motorist unfairly.

‘It says we have the same level of CO2 emissions that we had in 1990 and that the main contributors are energy production and motor vehicles. But how do the States of Guernsey know this? There is no emissions testing carried out in any form so how have they come up with that conclusion.’

The group is recommending investigating a carbon or energy tax that could add 5p per litre to all fuel oils and a vehicle emissions tax that might put £3,125 on the price of a gas-guzzler. This money could be used to fund schemes such as a Guernsey renewable energy commission and energy advice centre. (from thisisguernsey)

Is it unfair? not in my books, but what dio you think?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Green tax is unfair Empty Re: Green tax is unfair

Post by Thistle Thu 12 Jun 2008, 7:24 am

totally unfair imo.we have been hit by enough taxes of late.are bosses going to give huge wage increases to cover all these extra taxes .i don't think so.enough is enough.the island is expensive enough to live on now.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum