www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister wants benefits changes

3 posters

Go down

Minister wants benefits changes Empty Minister wants benefits changes

Post by GD Mon 09 Jun 2008, 11:38 am

Senator Paul Routier wants everyone with children under the age of 19 in full-time education to remain entitled to sole parent's component.
He also wants to increase the rates of income support to 3.7%.

I would agree to a point, but a lot of childern over 16 are earning good money for part time jobs, should this not be taken into account?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Minister wants benefits changes Empty Re: Minister wants benefits changes

Post by Pegasus Wed 11 Jun 2008, 8:16 pm

GD wrote: I would agree to a point, but a lot of childern over 16 are earning good money for part time jobs, should this not be taken into account?
Why should the youngsters be penalised, all they are trying to do is to have money to enjoy a social life, 
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Thu 12 Jun 2008, 1:52 am

Pegasus wrote:
GD wrote: I would agree to a point, but a lot of childern over 16 are earning good money for part time jobs, should this not be taken into account?
Why should the youngsters be penalised, all they are trying to do is to have money to enjoy a social life, 
Why should the tax-payer fund their social life?

Income Support is a good idea (in theory, even if doesn't always work in practice), but it should only be there to help people reach a minimum income, NOT a minimum income, plus some luxuries.

It frustrates me to work 45hrs a week, pay my taxes, not be able to afford the basics let alone luxuries, and then see my neighbour 'earn' more than I do tax-free by way of Income Support while not working (through choice) and they have a new car and SKY TV.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus Fri 13 Jun 2008, 6:20 pm

Troy McClure wrote:and then see my neighbour 'earn' more than I do tax-free by way of Income Support while not working (through choice) and they have a new car and SKY TV.
I great being your neighbour, gotta thank you for paying for my medical expenses as well, lol 
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 13 Jun 2008, 7:40 pm

Pegasus wrote:...being your neighbour, gotta thank you for paying for my medical expenses as well, lol 

Wow you certainly have a lot of sympathy for someone who pays taxes and doesn't receive a fair deal.

Gotta love double standards :roll:

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down